At Handy Labels, we produce premium quality, custom vinyl stickers and custom vinyl decals that are cost-effective and multipurpose. Our vinyl stickers are incredibly popular due to their durability and ability to be custom designed and printed.
Custom vinyl stickers allow you to create completely unique stickers for your brand as you can choose both the surface finish and a custom shape.
Choose from one of the largest ranges of vinyl sticker finishes on the market, with 20 available. Our finishes include: brushed, polished or metallic silver and gold as well as several combinations of clear, matt and laminated finishes. Our more distinctive finishes include crystal frost, fluorescent and window stickers. All of our finish effects are resistant to fading in sunlight, making them a great choice if you're looking for a sticker to withstand the test of time.
Like all of our stickers, our custom vinyl stickers are printed in our high quality CMYK or white monochrome inks.
Why choose Vinyl Stickers and Decals?
Vinyl is a great choice for your stickers and labels for when you need that little bit extra from your packaging.
Paper has been the traditional material for self adhesive labels. While paper is often thought as the more economical option, vinyl isn't necessarily the more expensive option, especially in short to medium runs. Our good value vinyl, means there is very little to separate the price of the two.
As well as being cost efficient, here are some more advantages of choosing to print your stickers on vinyl:
Vinyl is incredibly durable
Vinyl stickers and decals are often seen as superior due to their durability. Many vinyl stickers are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use as they are waterproof, scratch-resistant and UV resistant. The addition of a laminate covering makes the vinyl even stronger but, even the non-laminated vinyl is water and weather proof.
Vinyl stickers are perfect for using on products with oils and solvents in their ingredients or additives, where a paper option could just disintegrate. In this case however, an over laminate will be required to stop solvents and oils removing ink from the label. When vinyl is paired with our permanent or extra-strong adhesives, you have a combination that will cope with the most extreme conditions.
Vinyl is both durable and versatile because of what it is made from. Chemically, vinyl is a generic term that covers a range of polymers and plastics that include the vinyl or ethenyl functional group. The most familiar is PVC or Poly Vinyl Chloride and in general "vinyl" and "PVC" are interchangeable terms. PVC is used in all kinds of products from building materials, packaging to healthcare products.
It is worth considering your ecological policy and disposal advice, when choosing to use vinyl on a product, as vinyl is known to take a long time to degrade.
Vinyl can be printed transparently
Another advantage of choosing vinyl stickers, is the option to have a transparent sticker, which is often sought after for a no label look. You also have the option to choose a degree of opacity with the matt effect.
By changing the properties of the material, you can create a static cling window sticker. Static cling window stickers can be printed on the usual transparent medium or a white one for a different effect. These removable stickers can also be used and re-applied to any clean glass surface, should you need to remove them as they are adhesive free.
What are the common uses for Vinyl Stickers and decals?
Vinyl stickers are used in a number of different sectors and are a popular choice for product labelling in particular. Some commons uses are:
- Cosmetics and personal care product labels - This sector creates products that would need a product label with a bit more sticking power, as products are often left in the shower or in generally more humid environments.
- Hair and skin care product labels - These products have chemicals in them that can easily cause discolouration or removal of a traditional label. Oils (silicon, mineral and essential), denatured alcohol, detergents, surfactants and many other additives are present in cosmetic formulations that your label may need protection from.
- E-cigarette vaping refills and CBD (CannaBiDiol) product labels - E-cigarette refills contain various oils and solvents to produce the flavours and vape effect. CBD is an oil based substance that has certain medical and health benefit claims. Trials continue about the veracity of those claims but these products will certainly do better with a vinyl label.
- Vehicle artwork and branding - vinyl decals are a great affordable way to advertise on vehicles as they can be easily applied and can vary if they are permanent or window cling.
- Shop windows advertisements
- Drawer and object labels
Check out all our different types of vinyl labels & stickers and create your own personalised vinyl stickers today.