A Sizes Label Templates
What are A sizes?
A-sizes are defined international (ISO) paper sizes. The following is a useful A-size chart for a handy reference:
- A0 - 1189mm x 841mm or 33.1 x 46.8 inches
- A1 - 841mm x 594mm or 23.4 x 33.1 inches
- A2 - 594mm x 420mm or 16.5 x 23.4 inches
- A3 - 420mm x 297mm or 11.7 x 16.5 inches
- A4 - 297mm x 210mm or 8.3 x 11.7 inches
- A5 - 210mm x 148mm or 5.8 x 8.3 inches
- A6 - 148mm x 105mm or 4.1 x 5.8 inches
- A7 - 105mm x 74mm or 2.9 x 4.1 inches
- A8 - 74mm x 52mm or 2.0 x 2.9 inches
- DL - 210mm x 99mm (1/3 A4) or 8.3 x 3.9 inches
- Business Cards - 85mm x 55mm or 3.3 x 2.2 inches
The dimensions are set so they are scalable across the range and the ratio of the two edges remain constant. This means you can take one size and fold it in half across its longest edge to produce the next size down, fold it again and it’s another size down and so on. The starting point, A0 is 1 meter squared in area and the series can go up or down infinitesimally in theory since it’s essentially a mathematical equation but the ISO only recognise A0 to A10.
DL relates to envelope sizes and derives from a German expression, it also corresponds to folding an A size into thirds across the longest length so is often used when printing and folding leaflets.
There is no ISO standard, but we’ve shown the most common size for the international business card.