For many small and medium-sized retail businesses in the UK, the use of barcodes is essential. Not only are they a fantastic cost-effective and reliable solution, barcode labels can help businesses improve efficiency and reduce overheads. If you’re not using them, why not?!
We’ve created this handy list of reasons why your business should be using barcodes:
1. Using barcode labels helps to remove human error from your sales and stock taking processes. Manually entering data leads to errors, whereas scanning a barcode is quick and reliable - saving you both time and money.
2. Barcode labels are easy to design and print, plus they are cheap to mass produce. Regardless of their purpose, they are generally much cheaper than other labels and can be customised in an economical way in a variety of materials.
3. You can also cut down on employee training time by using barcodes. Learning how to use a handheld scanner takes minutes, rather than spending hours learning how to manually input an entire inventory or pricing process.
4. Barcodes are actually incredibly versatile, as they can be used for almost any type of data collection. Also, because barcode labels can also be attached to most surfaces, they can be used for tracking products, outgoing shipments and even equipment.
5. Your business will enjoy improved inventory control. Barcodes give you the ability to track inventory precisely, translating into lower overheads as inventory levels can be reduced.
6. Barcodes simply provide better data. These labels have the ability to provide fast, reliable information at any time as barcodes can be used for both inventory and pricing information, giving you the ability to obtain data on both.
7. The data held within a barcode can be accessed instantly. As the information is scanned into a computer directly, you’ll be able to access the data straight away.
8. Using barcode labels promotes efficiency and can help you make more informed decisions. As the data is obtained quickly and accurately, you’ll be able to save both time and money when it comes to making important business decisions.
So there you have it, barcodes are an inexpensive and user-friendly way of tracking a wide range of information about your business, from inventory right through to pricing. Invest in barcode labels for your business and reap the rewards!